Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Buying Love Teaser

“Bella?” came the distant voice of my best friend and assistant. I groaned, burrowing deeper into my bed. After I got off the phone with Edward, I opened up a bottle of wine.

Or four.

Four bottles of wine, at the time, seemed like a good idea.

Now?

Not so much.

“Isabella Marie Swan-Biers!” barked Rose, ripping the covers from my body. “What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Leave me alone,” I slurred, glaring at her. “And I’m not Biers anymore, bitch.”

“Unfortunately, your ex-douchebag has yet to sign those divorce papers, so legally, you still are Isabella Biers,” Rose snorted. “Why do you smell like a winery?” She sat down next to me and it made the bed move, which made my stomach lurch. I whimpered, falling out of the bed and crawling to my bathroom to worship the porcelain god. Rose followed me, turning on the shower. “Bells, you’ve got to leave in a half hour. Why are you still drunk? When did you start drinking?”

“Ugh, last night after I got off the phone with Edward,” I said, clinging to my toilet like it was my life raft. “I kind of insulted his vocation and made him feel like a cheap whore. Oh, wait, that’s because he is.”

“Not so cheap, Bells. This guy is costing you more than I paid for my first car and that’s with the blow job I gave the sales guy,” Rose snorted.

“You are such a slut,” I deadpanned, flushing the toilet and heaving my body up.

“I know and I don’t dispute it,” she smirked.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Classy Bella, but i get it! split ups/Divorce can be bad and messy. Sometimes we take it on others when not intended. Excited to read how this plays out... I'm hoping for a HEA some how, but lets not spoil it.

    ReplyDelete