Saturday, September 12, 2015

Buying Love Teaser

“Seriously, Bells. That card ain’t going to call on its own.”

“Who are you going with?” I asked. “Does he have a friend?”

“I’m going with Chuck’s assistant, Jake,” Rose replied. “He’s gay and all of his friends are gay.”

“Damn it,” I pouted. I stared at the card again, running my fingers over Esme’s name and the phone number.

“Give me that,” Rose growled, picking up the card and my cell phone. She unlocked it, dialing the number. “Esme Platt? Hi, my name is Rosalie Hale and I work with Isabella Biers.”

“Swan!” I hissed.

“Sorry, Isabella Swan. Yes, the daughter of Charles Swan, the hotel tycoon,” Rose smirked. “She would like to schedule a date with one of your men … Of course, here she is.” Rose handed me my phone. “She wants to speak with you.”

I blew out a breath, taking my cell phone from Rose. “Hello?”

“Isabella?” came the honeyed, accented voice of Esme Platt.

“Yes, speaking,” I replied.

“You would like to use one of my young men as a date? This is such an honor, Ms. Swan. I have seen your picture in the papers. You quite a beautiful woman,” Esme purred.

“Thank you,” I said, unsure about the compliment. I honestly thought that I was plain with no tits and lackluster hair.

“However, with a woman as beautiful as you, why do you need a date?” she asked.

“I’m going through a horrible divorce,” I answered. “I do not want to go out with some random guy who could hurt me, break my heart and just cause me undue stress. I just need someone who can attend the grand opening of Swan Towers, who can play the part of a doting, loving boyfriend for the press, stock holders and future guests.”

“Oh, Felix would be perfect for you,” Esme breathed.

Esme Platt

Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment