Saturday, June 4, 2016

Buying Love Teaser

A week had passed since I woke up from my medically-induced coma. I was antsy, anxious to get out of this God-forsaken hospital. Dr. Monroe was amazing and the therapist that worked with me were awesome, but I was never alone.

Okay, let me rephrase.

I was never alone with Edward.

Whenever he was there, so was my dad. And the looks my father was giving to Edward were downright evil and malicious. I wanted to say something, but I didn’t know the story.
Ruminating on this thing with Edward and my dad helped me forget the pain I felt in my side and the fact that the connection from my brain to my feet was sluggish. I could feel everything, but if I tried to walk, move, anything, my body wouldn’t cooperate. Dr. Monroe explained that it was spinal shock. My condition had improved since I was I brought in on the helicopter. I didn’t have any response to stimuli.


Yes, it had improved, but would I be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment