Sunday, March 20, 2016

Buying Love Teaser

“You’ve been amazing and so supportive, kind, and …” I whispered. “I want you to know what happened to me, Bella.”

“You’ve told me, Edward,” she said, threading our fingers together.

“Not all of it,” I grimaced. “I can’t move past all of this if I keep it bottled up. I want … I need to tell you. You have to know. I want you to know before I tell the police.” I looked at her, gazing into her espresso colored eyes. “I want you to know that I trust you and that I love you, too.” She smiled, tears welling in her eyes. She tenderly wrapped her arms around me and I felt like I was finally home.

Breaking apart, Bella gave me a tentative smile. “I don’t want to force you into doing something you don’t want, love,” she said quietly.

“The past eleven years have been nothing but forced servitude. I want you to know what happened to me. I have to show you if I want to get better,” I said. “I want you to be proud to be seen with me.”

“I already am,” she said.

Bellisima, you and I both know that I’m a fucking mess,” I snorted.

“Right now? Yes, but I want to help you get better,” she chuckled anxiously. “It will be a work in progress, love.”

I nodded, agreeing with her. “I know that you had your suspicions about Esme, but what she is; it’s far worse than your most horrific nightmare,” I muttered. I blew out a breath and looked at her. 
“Esme forced me to do things to her.”

“Forced? As in …” she trailed off, her face turning an unnatural shade of puce. “She … she …”


“Yes,” I whispered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment