Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Buying Love Teaser

I padded to the entryway, opening up the door to find my father’s head of security, Carlisle Cullen, leaning against the door jamb. “Hey, Carlisle. Thank you for coming.”

“Anything for you, Bella,” he said, limping into my suite. He used to be a Seattle PD detective, but he was shot in the line of duty, nearly dying from his injuries. The powers-that-be offered him a stuffy desk position, but he chose to retire and moved the private sector. Charlie and Carlisle were life-long friends. My father offered him a position as our head of security, quadrupling his salary and pension from the police department. He worked banker’s hours and loved every minute of it. I led him to the couch, handing him a scotch. “You know me too well, Bella.”

“Eh,” I shrugged. “It’s the least I could do, asking you to come on your day off.”

“Eh,” he repeated, snickering quietly. “So, what do you need, little one?”

“I need your investigative prowess, Carlisle. I also need your discretion, too. Daddy can’t know about what I’m about to ask you. It’s a delicate matter,” I blushed.

“Your secret is safe with me,” Carlisle nodded.

“Okay, so, you know my new boyfriend?” I said, wrinkling my nose.

“Edward? Yes. Charlie mentioned him. I’m shocked he hasn’t asked me to run a background check on him,” Carlisle snorted.

“Charlie hasn’t, but I want you to do it for me. I trust him and care for him a great deal, but there’s something more about him that I’m worried about,” I said. “Here’s his full name and birth date. I don’t have a social security number or address, though.”

“I can work with this,” Carlisle said, tucking the paper into his jacket. “What else? There’s more to this request.”

“I need you to run a check on Esme Platt. She’s the owner of Buying Love, Inc.,” I said, my face flaming in anger. 

Carlisle Cullen

No comments:

Post a Comment