Saturday, October 3, 2015

Buying Love Teaser

We walked through the lobby, smiling and greeting various people until we reached a statuesque brunette with a shorter, slender man with spiked hair. “Bells!” smiled the brunette. “I’m glad we went with the red dress. It suits you.”

“Thanks, Rose,” Bella replied, running her hand over the skirt. “I still think it is a little too much, but it does make a statement.”

“Girl, if I were straight, I’d do you,” said the guy. “But, I’m happily engaged to the man of my dreams. You are coming to the wedding, right?”

“For the millionth time, Jacob, yes!” Bella laughed. “I RSVP’ed to Seth last week. Yeesh!”

“Are you going to bring your date?” Jacob asked, his eyes cutting to mine and licking his lips. 
“You’re absolutely gorgeous. I’m Jacob Black and if you decide to become gay, call me.”

“What about your fiancĂ©?” I quipped.

“He’d love to meet you, too,” Jacob snickered. “What’s your name, stud?”

“I’m Eddie, um, Edward,” I stammered. “Edward Masen.”

“Nice to meet you, Edward,” Jacob smiled, hugging me tightly.

“Jacob is a huge flirt,” Bella hissed, giving him a playful scowl. “Jacob is my father’s personal assistant and closest confidante.”

“AHEM!” Rose cut in, giving Bella a gentle nudge.

“And this obnoxious bitch is my assistant and supposed best friend, Rosalie Hale,” Bella snorted.

“I’m not an obnoxious bitch. Slut, yes. Bitch, sometimes. Obnoxious? Not so much,” Rose shrugged, shaking my hand. “It’s nice to meet you, Ed.”

“It’s Edward,” I said. Esme was adamant on us never using nicknames. I almost broke that rule when I introduced myself to Jacob.

“You’ll quickly learn that Rose will call you by a nickname, regardless if you want it or not. I’m Bells. Jacob is called Cub and my dad, Charlie, is called Chuck,” Bella explained. “If you get a nickname, you’re in the club and Rose likes you.”

“A nickname based off your name. Riley’s nickname is cheating douchebag prick,” Rose growled, sipping her champagne. 

Bella's dress

Rose

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment